Every year, PCBC presents a series of high-caliber educational conferences for the homebuilding community, plus dynamic keynote sessions from some of the brightest talents in business, journalism, sports and entertainment. During Bestbath’s participation in the forums, we turned on the cameras and collected a series of exceptionally valuable information for our dealers, architects, builders and customers.
Since we’re all busy professionals, the Bestbath team knew that sitting through the entire presentation could be difficult. That’s why we’ve broken our videos into simple, easy-to-watch segments that you can view while you enjoy a cup of coffee or tea. In a hurry? We’ve also transcribed the conversations, so you can just read through at your own speed!
In this Bestbath sponsored interview, Nigel Maynard, the editor-in-chief of SGC Horizon’s New PRODUCTS magazine and website discusses Universal Design with Beth Taylor, Trend Forecaster and Researcher with Refresh & Rejuvenate Home and Susan Duncan, Designer and Founder of The ABCs of Accessibility.
- Where the rubber meets the road – Let’s talk money
- Where do we take Universal Design from here?
- The Stigma of Universal Design
- The History of Universal Design
- Supporting health and wellness with accessible design
- The link between sustainability and Universal Design
- How should a builder market a home with Universal Design features?
- The Demographic Shift
- Key considerations when designing and building a home
- Features to consider when designing a home for adaptability
- Designing a home with accessibility in mind
Lee Cook, the West Coast sales manager for Bestbath and Edward Hickey of Red, WL Hickey & Sons, Inc. are joined by Kenneth Caldwell, Communications Consultant to discuss the different issues facing builders, architects and other trade professionals.
- WL Hickey and Bestbath’s relationship with Steinburg
- What Bestbath provides customers through custom design and customer service
- The Use of Modern Materials When Paired with Historical Architectural Design
- Stanford Housing Criteria Federal Code Requirements and Life Cycle Assessment
- Relationship with contractors and architects
- Highlands Hall Project Requirements and the Partnernship with Bestbath
- Highland Hall can meet the demands of use all year long
- Delivery methods for design build
- Building code requirements – Federal and Local